Doing what you want

Today I got my nose pierced, and even though it's not really a big deal, I have been thinking about it a lot because it is a part of my journey from defiantly going against what I think I "should" do and embracing what I love, simply because I love it. I have done so much inner work this year on self-acceptance and it still strikes me as a radical act. What would your life look like if you accepted, nurtured, loved every aspect of yourself? How would you be different? How would your views on the world change?

As a side note, I have stopped washing my hair and am relying on heavy brushing to move the oils from my scalp to the rest of my hair. I do rinse occasionally with apple cider vinegar (like once a week). I love not only how healthy and happy my hair is without any products in it, but also how much water I'm saving, how I no longer have to buy plastic bottles of conditioner (this is how I used to "wash" my hair), and the dreamtime of the daily ritual of hairbrushing. I usually do ten minutes a day. Sometimes my husband will brush my hair for me, my favorite. It is a really special thing! For encouragement and info about more brushing less washing, check out Bree on Instagram.

Comments

  1. Love the nose ring! And loving this blog of yours. Ive been going through a similar journey (must be something about the 40s) and I was laughing at you mentioning your nose ring in your first post because Ive had mine done 3 times since I was 18 and have been talking about going for it again lately! I should have commented on that post since it resonated with me so much and had me wondering if we were secretly long lost sisters..hehe! Anyways, so fun hearing more from you than we get from Instagram. Not sure if my name will show up once I post this comment so if not....-Beth Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going through a similar journey, Kyrie. As Beth said above it must be something about the forties? You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy you are blogging again! I miss blogs. I still periodically check my old favorite blogs to see if there are new posts.
    Also, I don't wash my hair either. I use apple cider vinegar and occasionally baking soda.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment